The Faculty of Community & Health Sciences is awarding Postdoc fellowship in the Faculty of Community & Health Sciences for South Africans.
The University of the Western Cape is a national university, alert to its African and international context as it strives to be a place of quality, a place to grow. It is committed to excellence in teaching, learning and research, to nurturing the cultural diversity of South Africa, and to responding in critical and creative ways to the needs of a society in transition.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: October 30, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the Faculty of Community & Health Sciences. The Faculty of Community & Health Sciences has several areas of interest that it wishes to build on and these include.
- High performance sport for development
- Inter-professional Education as a vehicle to improved health and social outcomes
- Scholarship Award: One postdoc fellowship will be awarded with a stipend of R150 000 per annum. The fellow will be provided with a shared office, laptop and access to the national research grant to attend a local conference.
- Nationality: Fellowship is available for South Africans.
- Number of Scholarships: One postdoc fellowship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available for South Africans.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must hold a PHD degree at the time of application or have completed the examination process.
- Fellowships will be awarded to candidates at the beginning of their academic career.
- Candidates must have demonstrated outstanding scholarly achievements.
How to Apply: Please submit a comprehensive CV, a copy of your PHD certificate or letter attesting to completion, a cover letter motivation for the fellowship, an example of a published article. An indication of what you hope to achieve and in which focus area. Completed applications must be submitted to Mrs. M. Van Vuuren at mavanvuuren-at-uwc.ac.za.