The UNE PhD. Innovation Research Award (UNE PIRA) Scholarship is offered to top quality international candidates who wish to enrol in the Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation) (PhD.I) research degree at UNE.
For students undertaking a PhD. I, the scholarship will be for a period of four years full-time. The student will be required to undertake the first and last year of study on campus at UNE. The second and third years will be undertaken in the home country, conducting research within the candidates’ industry/professional context.
Successful candidates must be able to provide evidence of their embeddedness in an appropriate industry/professional context, which could include support from government or non –government agencies, aid organizations or industry. This industry/professional partner must be willing to provide funding and material support for the research candidate and their project.
• Application Deadline: March 1, 2019.
• Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue a PhD degree program.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Philosophy.
• Scholarship Award: A fixed rate of AU$27,596 per annum, tax-free for full-time candidates, paid in fortnightly instalments.
• Number of Scholarships: Number not given.
• Nationality: International Students can apply for these scholarships.
• Scholarship can be taken in Australia.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
• Eligible Countries: International Students can apply for these scholarships.
• Entrance Requirements: A Scholarship holder:
• Must be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003.
• Must have received an Offer of full-time internal HDR Candidature in the Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation)(PhD. I) at UNE but not be enrolled.
• Must not be in receipt of an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the Scholarship stipend rate, whilst in receipt of the Scholarship.
• Must not have completed a research degree at the same level as the proposed candidature, or at a higher level.
How to Apply:
• All scholarship applicants must have applied for HDR Candidature at the University of New England.
• Scholarships will only be awarded to those students who have accepted an offer of HDR Candidature. International Scholarship recipients must be enrolled at UNE as on-campus full-time students.
• Selection for scholarships is based on academic merit and research performance. A high First Class Honors Degree or Research Master with Distinction or equivalent is required to be competitive for Scholarships.
• The Higher Degree Research International Students Scholarship Application Form is to be used by potential International Students to apply for scholarships available at the University of New England.
• Australian Citizens, Australian Permanent Residents and New Zealand Citizens should download and complete the Higher Degree Research Domestic Students Scholarship Application Form.