Applications are invited for two postdoc positions in the laboratory of Dr. Changchun Chen at Umeå University, Sweden, working on oxygen sensation in the nematode C. elegans. Both positions are of two-year-full-time employment, funded by a starting grant from European research council (ERC) (2019-2023). Positions will be available from January 2019.
The lab aims at delineating the molecular underpinning of O2 sensing and dissecting the neural circuit controlling behaviour in response to O2 variations. Projects involve a high-throughput genetic screen, genomics, biochemistry, calcium imaging, optogenetics and RNA profiling of single cells.
Umea University is dedicated to providing creative environments for learning and work. We offer a wide variety of courses and program, world-leading research, and excellent innovation and collaboration opportunities. More than 4 300 employees and 31 500 students have already chosen Umea University.
• Application Deadline: December 14, 2018
• Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Postdoctoral degree program.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Physiology of Oxygen Sensation.
• Scholarship Award: Monthly Salary will be awarded.
• Number of Scholarships: Two postdoctoral positions.
• Nationality: The scholarship is available for Sweden citizens.
• Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
• Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for Sweden citizens.
• Entrance Requirements:
• The candidate shall have a PhD in a relevant subject (biology, genetics or biochemistry) or be due to complete a PhD within 6-7 months.
• Priority will be given to highly motivated applicants who can work independently within a highly interactive group.
• The ideal candidate shall have demonstrated expertise in genetics, cell biology, biochemistry or relevant areas.
• Previous experience in C. elegans will be a plus but not essential.
How to Apply: Please submit your application combined in one pdf file:
1. A cover letter including your past achievements and research interests
2. A curriculum vitae including publication list and the contact information of two references