The Swansea University’s College of Science is happy to announce scholarships worth £2,500 each to UK/EU applicants intending to study postgraduate master’s programmes. These scholarships are for students commencing their studies in September 2019.
Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. It was chartered as University College of Swansea in 1920, as the fourth college of the University of Wales and in 1948 became the first campus university in the UK. All students must demonstrate that they have achieved a certain level of English before starting their programme. They will need to provide a recognised English language test or qualification before you can be accepted to Swansea University.
All students must demonstrate that they have achieved a certain level of English before starting their programme. You will need to provide a recognised English language test or qualification before you can be accepted to Swansea University.
- Applications Deadline: July 19, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available only to new postgraduate taught applicants.
- Study Subject: Swansea University’s College of Science is offering scholarships worth £2,500 each to UK/EU applicants intending to study on the following postgraduate master’s programmes:
- MSc Advanced Computer Science
- MSc Advanced Software Technology
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc Computer Science: Informatique (Swansea route)
- MSc Computer Science: Informatique (Grenoble route)
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Environmental Biology: Conservation and Resource Management
- MSc Environmental Dynamics and Climate Change
- MSc Geographic Information and Climate Change
- MSc Mathematics
- MSc Mathematics and Computing for Finance
- Scholarship Award: Each scholarship is worth £2,500, to be used towards the cost of tuition fees.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for UK/EU students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for UK/EU students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Please note that before you apply for this scholarship, you MUST have made an application to study on one of the courses above, and also received an offer from us.
- Scholarships are available only to new postgraduate taught applicants who are UK/EU
- Scholarships will be used to offset tuition fees.
- Applicants should hold a minimum of a 2.1 degree at undergraduate level (or equivalent).
- Applicants must enroll on a postgraduate course in the College for the first time in September 2019.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application end of July; successful applicants must confirm acceptance of their scholarship.
- Scholarship holders are expected to cooperate with the College’s recruitment activities.
- If it is deemed necessary for a scholarship holder to suspend their studies, the scholarship will be held and carried forward to the year of resumption of studies and the candidate will be expected to pay their personal contribution on a pro-rata basis.
- If in view of the Head of College a scholarship holder’s progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory, the scholarship may be withdrawn. A scholarship may also be withdrawn on grounds of failure to comply with any of the conditions attached to the award. The scholarship holder may be required to repay to the College any award which has been made, either in whole or in part, as determined by the College. If the scholarship holder feels that such a withdrawal is unjustified, s/he may appeal in writing to the Head of College within 15 working days of the date of notification.
- The College of Science reserves the right to make, amend, withdraw, suspend or cancel without notice these and such other Regulations as may be in force from time to time and such decisions shall be final.
English Language Requirements: All students must demonstrate that they have achieved a certain level of English before starting their programme. You will need to provide a recognised English language test or qualification before you can be accepted to Swansea University.
How to Apply: To apply, please complete and return the following application form to science-scholarships-at-swansea.ac.uk:
Please note that the application must be fully completed with no fields left blank or your application will not be considered.