RI Department of Education is very pleased to announce the opening of the second year of the Prepare Rhode Island (PrepareRI) Internship Program for Current High School Juniors. In its first year, 162 students participated, 46 partner companies and organizations worked statewide.
This is a paid internship and selected students will earn $ 11.25 / hour and earn up to 6 college credits. All interested students must submit your scholarship application on or before February 1, 2019.
Field of Internship: Internship is available for high school juniors.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: RI Department of Education
Internship can be taken in the United States
Eligibility: To be eligible, all applicants must:
- Attend Rhode Island public school
- Junior in high school (2018/2019 school year)
- Rhode Island resident
- Minimum of 16 years of age by March 1, 2019
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Parental/Guardian consent to participate
- Complete online PrepareRI Internship Application
- The complete interview with Skills RI and/or with employers
- Attend 40-hour work-readiness training scheduled for June 24-28, 2019 from 8:30 am- 5:30 pm
- Commit to at least 150 hours of work over a 6 – 8 week period from July 1 – August 23, 2019
- Have a flexible schedule for work
Internship Open for International Students: The internship is open for Rhode Island resident.
Is this paid internship? Yes, this is a paid internship programme.
Internship Description: The Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) is responsible for elementary and secondary education (prekindergarten through grade 12) in RI. It is headquartered in Providence.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: The internship period is for a minimum of 6 to 8 week.
Notification: Numbers not given
How to Apply: To apply, you must follow the instruction given below.
- To apply, you must register for an account
- After you register, you must verify your email address. An email will be sent to you with a verification link
- Go to your email to access the verification link. Within the email, click “Confirm email address” to verify your email. After verifying your email address you will be brought back to the application site
- Once back at the application site, you must complete the eligibility form. If you are eligible for the program, you will then be able to access and complete the application
- You can start your application and save it to complete at a later time
- When you have completed your application, be sure to review your work closely before you submit
- When you are satisfied with your application and are ready to submit, click “Mark as Complete,” then “Review & Submit,” and lastly “Submit Your Application”
- If you are completing your application on a mobile device, after you have clicked “Mark as Complete,” you must click “Back to Application,” then “Review & Submit,” and lastly “Submit Your Application”
- If you do not submit your application, it will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- The application must be completed online, there is no paper form
- Application closes February 1, 2019, at 11:59 PM
For more detailed instructions about how to complete your online application, click here: https://m3.fluidreview.com/media/assets2/reviewroom/12384/resources/99233774/PrepareRI_Internship_Program_Application_Instructions.pdf
If you need help filling the application, please contact your School Career Coordinator, School Guidance Counselor or School Principal. If you have any problems with saving or submitting your application, please contact Jenny Pichorro (SkillsRI) at 401-680-5978 or [email protected]
Internship Application Deadline: You must apply for an internship on or before February 1, 2019.