Looking for an opportunity to study in Sweden? Here is your chance, join the Postdoctoral program which is organized by Umea University at Umea Plant Science Centre in Sweden.
This educational award will be funded by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation which aims to advance applicant’s mechanistic understanding of plant vascular development in response to mechanical stimulus.
Clarity of Information
Worthy opportunity to get a postdoctoral program in Sweden.
Established in 1965, Umea University is the fifth oldest within Sweden’s present borders. It is a university in Umea in the mid-northern region of Sweden and ranked 23rd in the world of higher education institutions.
Why should study at Umea University? Studying in Umea, you will experience to live in a smaller place, where nature is near. You will also get facilities to improve your research and improving the communication skills which will be helpful in the future.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Eligible Countries: This grant is open for international students.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Aspirants can apply for a postdoctoral degree program in Mechanical stimulation of plant secondary growth at the centre.
- Admissible Criteria: You must have good skills in cell and molecular biology and genetics. Also completed your doctoral degree maximum three (3) years before the end of the application period.
How to Apply
- How to apply: Participants are suggested to directly apply for a postdoctoral fellowship program at the university by submitting their application to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: You have to prepare and attach a PDF file which includes a personal letter that describes qualifications, research interests, and motivation for application, CV with full publication list, Copies of doctoral degree certificate and other relevant degree certificates and grades, the contact information of two referees and other documents wished to be claimed.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates will have a PhD degree or equivalent in plant biology for taking admission.
- Language Requirement: English language skills are essential to study this program.
Benefits: The program will be starting on 1 September 2019 and will provide the tax-free stipend amounts to 282 000 SEK per year.