The University of Southampton is seeking an enthusiastic PhD student who will join a team studying the combined effects of force and vibration on the human hand. The project is designed to investigate how force influences the physiology responses in the fingers to hand-transmitted vibration.
This 3-year studentship covers UK tuition fees and provides an annual tax-free stipend at the standard EPSRC rate, which is £14,777 for 2018/19.
This research project will involve laboratory experiments using physiological and psychophysical methods and will build a biodynamic model of the hand-arm system to predict the effect of force and vibration.
- Applications Deadline: 01 February 2019
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded in Combined Effects of Force and Vibration on the Human Hand.
- Scholarship Award: This 3-year studentship covers UK tuition fees and provides an annual tax-free stipend at the standard EPSRC rate, which is £14,777 for 2018/19.
- Nationality: UK applicants are welcome.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not known
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: UK applicants are welcome.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be UK residents with no restrictions on how long they can stay in the UK and have lived here for at least 3 years prior to the start of the studentship. This residence cannot be mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education.
How to Apply: Click here to apply and select the programme – PhD in Engineering and the Environment. Please enter the title of the PhD Studentship in the application form.