The Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing (MPI-AGE) at Department for “Molecular Genetics of Ageing” is offering Postdoctoral Research Fellows programme to study in Germany. Fellowships are available for International students.
The overarching goals are to reveal conserved, convergent mechanisms of longevity, and to understand how immunity, metabolism, and quality control mechanisms cooperate in cellular defense.
The Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing (MPI-AGE), Cologne, was founded in 2008 with the aim to understand fundamental mechanisms of healthy ageing in various model systems. The institute is part of a broad network of research institutions in the Cologne-Bonn area dedicated to research on ageing and age-related disease, constituting a vibrant and collaborative environment with state of the art facilities for research. Currently we host >270 employees from >30 different nations.
- Applications Deadline: The job post will be published until a candidate will be found.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral research programs.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded within the Department for “Molecular Genetics of Ageing”.
- Scholarship Award: The employment contract will be based on contracts for the civil service (TVöD-Bund, Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst and will initially be time limited.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The successful applicant will hold a Ph.D. in a relevant research area such as molecular biology, genetics, or biochemistry and has a strong track record of accomplishment. Prior experience with model organisms (yeast, worm, fly, mouse) would be welcome, but are not required. The applicant should have a keen interest in the biology of ageing, and excellent written and oral communication skills. The working language is English; knowledge of the German language is not required.
English Language Requirements: The working language is English; knowledge of the German language is not required.
How to Apply: Then please upload your complete application documents, containing a one-page letter with a personal statement describing your scientific accomplishments and your interests in our laboratory, your CV and bibliography as well as, contact information for 3 references, in electronic form as one single pdf-file via our online application platform. The job post will be published until a candidate will be found.