The Regent’s University London is awarded two scholarships to the students to pursue an undergraduate & postgraduate degree program. The scholarship is available for the UK, EU & international students.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The purpose of this scholarship is to support the students to continue to overcome disadvantage and maintain their achievements.
Regent’s University London is the perfect environment to develop your leadership skills and interests. You might raise money for charity, design a solar car or lead your residence hall soccer team to a championship.
• Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
• Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue an undergraduate & postgraduate degree program.
• Study Subject: Scholarships are available to study entire subject offered by the university.
• Scholarship Award: Two scholarships worth 15% of the chosen program’s fees for one standard program duration.
• Number of Scholarships: Two scholarships are available.
• Nationality: The scholarship is available for the UK, EU & international students.
• Scholarship can be taken in the UK.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
• Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for the UK, EU & international students.
• Entrance Requirements: The applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. The Regent’s polo team is affiliated to the University of London Polo Society. It trains with and is administered by this society, but in competitive matches the team represents Regent’s as a distinct university, separate from the society and the University of London.
2. The University will cover the costs of Schools and Universities Polo Association affiliation, winter and national competition entry fees and the team kit (typically £2,000 per year).
3. You must commit to a full eight-week training package each term.
4. The Federation of International Polo (FIP) will bestow the title of FIP Youth Ambassador upon the successful scholars, to last for the duration of their studies. The scholars’ achievements will be reviewed upon graduation and an extension of the title considered on that basis.
5. The FIP will present the successful scholars with a badge, to be worn on the scholars’ jackets at polo events.
6. The FIP will include the successful scholars’ names in the list of FIP Ambassadors, which is published on the FIP website.
7. You will be responsible for coordinating the polo team’s training schedule and being the Regent’s polo representative at the University of London Polo Society.
8. You will be expected to promote the polo team at events such as the annual Fresher’s Fair and help publicize sport at Regent’s – and the polo team specifically – to the student body.
9. In accepting a scholarship from Regent’s University London, you will be required to sign up to our Scholars’ Charter. The Regent’s Scholars’ Charter sets out both the academic standards to which you must adhere and sets out the ambassadorial role you will take in order to positively raise the University’s profile.
10. If you wish to change your chosen degree program after enrolling at the University, the Filippo Corsini Polo Scholarship, in association with the International Federation of Polo can be transferred to your new program within the Faculty of Business & Management or the Faculty of Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences. The transfer must take place before the registration cut-off date. You must also meet any additional entry requirements relating to your new program.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: This scholarship is awarded through competition.
To enter the competition for the 2019/20 Filippo Corsini Polo Scholarship, in association with the International Federation of Polo, you must be holding an offer from Regent’s University London. Please submit:
1. a 500-word statement setting out your eligibility for the scholarship and what polo means to you
2. video footage of yourself playing polo
3. a reference from a registered polo club