Applications are open for the Brenton Banfield Medical Scholarship established by Campbelltown City Council at Western Sydney University. This scholarship is open to Australian citizens or permanent residents.
Brenton Banfield Medical Scholarship is an appropriate tribute to an honorable person who was really passionate about Campbelltown. The winner will receive $5,000 per year for the duration of the degree.
Founded in 1989, Western Sydney University is one of Australia’s leading institutions. The vision of the university is to secure success for their students and the Greater Western Sydney region through innovation and discovery in a dynamic and technology-enabled world.
- Applications Deadline: March 15, 2019
- Course Level: The scholarship is open for the doctoral degree program
- Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of medicine
- Scholarship Award: The winner will receive $5,000 per year for the duration of the degree
- Nationality: Australian citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from Australia.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must:
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Be a commencing student starting at Western Sydney University for the first time
- Must be commencing full-time study in the Doctor of Medicine (opens in new window)Opens in a new window
- Have resided in the Campbelltown City Council Local Government Area for at least 12 months prior to commencing study at the University
- Demonstrate academic potential and a commitment to the values of social justice and community service
- Applicants must provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the receipt of the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career.
- This statement should give a sufficient explanation of the applicant’s background and current circumstances to enable the University to judge their eligibility, need, and
- Successful applicants will be selected based on their written application, academic potential, ability to meet the criteria and, where appropriate, performance in an interview before a selection panel.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://applyonline.uws.edu.au/connect/webconnect