Barts Charity is awarding Nurse/AHP Clinical Research Fellowships for the nurses, midwives and allied healthcare professional’s (AHP’s) to undertake a 3 year full-time (or up to 5 years part-time) PhD. This fellowship is available for international students.
We fund extraordinary health care for the 2.5m people of east London, and beyond. Working alongside the Barts Health NHS Trust group of hospitals and Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry (part of Queen Mary University of London) we support world-leading research, state-of-the-art equipment and innovative healthcare projects. Our funding goes above and beyond what the NHS can provide.
- Applications Deadline: November 30, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Barts Charity is supporting nurses, midwives and allied healthcare professional’s (AHP’s) to undertake a 3 year full-time (or up to 5 years part-time) PhD.
- Scholarship Award: The scheme will fund PhD fees, salary and a £5000 budget per year for consumables and your primary supervisor must be based at Barts NHS Trust, QMUL or City, University of London.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in The PhD must be completed at The London School of Medicine and Dentistry (SMD) at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) or City, University of London.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: You can apply if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a trained nurse, midwife or AHP
- You already hold an MA, MSc or have equivalent workplace research experience
- You are planning to work on a clinical research project as part of your PhD
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Individuals wishing to undertake their studies at QMUL SMD (including those being supervised by Barts NHS Trust Staff) must submit their proposals for costing by the QMUL Joint Research Management Office (JRMO) no later than Friday 2nd November via the following email address: researchgrants-at-qmul.ac.uk.