American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) is now inviting applications for the Charles M. Tipton Student Research Awards. The awards will be presented to the student with the most outstanding research project of the year.
This award is open to the applicants who are presently enrolled/ accepted into a graduate or professional program in the areas of basic or clinical exercise science or sports medicine at an accredited university.
Representing 70 occupations within the sports medicine field, ACSM is the only organization that offers a 360-degree view of the profession. It advances and integrates scientific research to provide educational and practical applications of exercise science and sports medicine.
- Applications Deadline: February 1, 2019
- Course Level: The scholarship is open to pursuing a graduate or professional program
- Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of basic or clinical exercise science or sports medicine.
- Scholarship Award: The award winners receive complimentary registration to ACSM’s Annual Meeting, complimentary hotel accommodations for three nights (at the conference hotel rate), meals for 4 days (not to exceed $55/day), the lowest available advance round-trip airfare from your home city to Orlando, FL. Winner will be expected to attend the ACSM Annual Awards Banquet on May 30, 2019, to be recognized for receiving the award. Two complimentary tickets to the banquet will also be provided.
- Nationality: U.S. applicants
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for students across the USA.
- Entrance Requirements: At the time of application, the applicant must be presently enrolled/ accepted into a graduate or professional program in the areas of basic or clinical exercise science or sports medicine at an accredited university OR
- have graduated from such a program within one year prior to this award’s application date. In the latter case, only work accomplished before graduation should be submitted.
- The applicant must be the first author of the abstract submitted and accepted as a free communication for presentation at the 2019 ACSM Annual Meeting.
- The abstract must be original research in exercise science and should include the following: 1) statement of the problem, 2) methods and 3) results and conclusions.
- The work reported in the abstract must have been completed for academic credit toward completion of a graduate degree (e.g. M.S., Ph.D., M.D., etc.)
- The applicant will need to provide a letter of recommendation from the student’s project director using the Letter of Recommendation from Project Director from within the application.
- The applicant must be a current member of the American College of Sports Medicine or one of its Regional Chapters at the time of application and at the time the award is presented.
- The Student Research Award can be awarded only once to an individual.
Application Materials Include:
- Completed ACSM Student Research Award application form.
- Copy of abstract submitted to Annual Meeting
- Biographical Sketch
- Completed letter of recommendation
- Expanded abstract in the form of a short paper of no more than 5 pages that includes text, images, graphs, tables and/or charts. References are not included in the 5-page
- The short report must be double spaced with no less than 5-inch margins, and contain no more than 15 characters per horizontal inch.
- Submit as an appended or separate Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file