Applications are now open for ”La Caixa” Doctoral Fellowships INPhINIT. 35 PhD fellowships for early-stage researchers of any nationality to pursue their research projects on STEM disciplines: life sciences and health, experimental sciences, physics, chemistry and mathematics in Spain or Portugal at accredited centres with the Severo Ochoa or María de Maeztu distinction of excellence, any centre of the Carlos III Health Institute, and units considered to be excellent and exceptional by the Foundation for Science and Technology in Portugal.
Through the Foundation we continue working to achieve a society with more opportunities. By promoting social initiatives, investing in research and education and spreading culture and science. All this to continue helping those who need it the most.
Candidates must have a demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher). Only candidates whose applications meet all the requirements of the call may be accepted.
- Applications Deadline: February 6, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the fields of health and life sciences, technology, physics, engineering and mathematics in Spain or Portugal at accredited centres with the Severo Ochoa or María de Maeztu distinction of excellence, any centre of the Carlos III Health Institute, and units considered to be excellent and exceptional by the Foundation for Science and Technology in Portugal.
- Scholarship Award: The maximum total payment amount will be 122,592 euros, as broken down below:
-Three annual payments of 34,800 euros. The amounts corresponding to the Social Security contributions payable by the employer (in this case, the host institution), as well as any other compulsory fee, whether current or that may be provided for in a future legal framework, will be deducted from the yearly gross amount of 34,800 euros to be received by the fellow.
-3,564 euros per year, as an additional amount for conferences, courses, research stays, consumables, equipment, charges for the use of intellectual property, etc. This additional amount will be managed by the centre for the benefit of the fellow and must be justified separately.
-”la Caixa” Banking Foundation will award a prize of 7,500 euros, which will be paid in the fourth year, should the fellow be able to deposit their thesis within 6 months after the third year of their fellowship has ended.
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for students of any nationality.
- Number of Scholarships: 35 fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Spain or Portugal
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for students of any nationality.
Entrance Requirements: In order to be accepted, candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Experience: At the call deadline, applicants must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Studies pursued: At the time of recruitment, candidates must comply with one of the following options:
– To have completed the studies that lead to an official university degree adapted to the European Higher Education Area awarding 300 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits must correspond to master level.
– To have completed a degree in university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies. The verification of an equivalent level of studies to the ones mentioned above will be made by the university when the admission procedure starts.
- Geographic mobility:
For candidates applying to Spanish centres or units: Candidates must not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
For candidates applying to Portuguese centres or units: Candidates must not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Portugal for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
Short stays, such as holidays, done in a country other than their country of usual residence (where they carried out their main activity), will be considered as time spent in their country of usual residence.
- Level of English: Candidates must have a demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
- Complete applications: Only candidates whose applications meet all the requirements of the call may be accepted.
How to Apply: If you are interested in applying for a Doctoral INPhINIT Incoming fellowship, please click on the button that you will find below to create your personal account and fill in the online application form.
The call for applications opens on the date the call rules are published and closes on 6 February 2019 at 2 p.m. (Central European Time – CET).