The International Research Training Group 1816 funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) is currently accepting applications for the international 3-year doctoral programme starting on April 1st, 2019. These positions are available to students of all nationalities.
Under the common umbrella “University Medical Center Göttingen” of the Georg-August University, the Medical Faculty of the University and the University Hospital are combined. The aim of this integrative design (“integration model”) is to anchor the close cooperation of the Medical Faculty and the University Hospital in patient care, teaching and research.
- Applications Deadline: December 15, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue PhD programs.
- Study Subject: Studentships are awarded for jointly educating natural scientists and physicians/medical students in the field of “Heart failure”. Have a look for the Project 2019 here and name your three favorite projects in your application form.
- Scholarship Award: The Training Group offers an excellent research environment, a comprehensive curriculum and a broad supervision and mentoring network. Students will conduct part of their projects in one of the partnering laboratories in London.
- Nationality: These positions are available to students of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: 12 PhD positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany. Students will conduct part of their projects in one of the partnering laboratories in London.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: These studentships are available to students of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- M.Sc. in basic sciences or equivalent or Graduation (Dr. med.) from Medical school
- Further eligibility criteria for all applicants:
- Proof of English proficiency as English is the graduate school`s official language (e.g. TOEFL or similar test, not for native speakers).
- The PhD positions will be paid according to the regulations of the civil service collective wage agreement (TV?L 65% of level E13).
English Language Requirements: Proof of English proficiency as English is the graduate school`s official language (e.g. TOEFL or similar test, not for native speakers).
How to Apply: Electronic applications including
- Application form
- Certificates (B.Sc. & M.Sc.) in English or German
- Proof of English proficiency (not older than 2 years)
- 2 Reference letters (directly sent to igk1816-at-med.uni-goettingen.de
by the referees)
Should be sent as one single pdf-file to igk1816-at-med.uni-goettingen.de before December 15th 2018!